Finding the perfect healthy pancake recipe has been a long-time struggle, especially since I’ve cut back on eating grains and dairy. So, over the past week I’ve been experimenting with different recipes and ingredients and have finally made the perfect pancake, YAY!
I have been using both almond flour and coconut flour in my recipes, and have found that the batter was always extremely watery and the pancakes were thin and hard to flip, no matter how much extra flour I added. I figured it was just because of the almond and coconut flour, until i made these ones. These one’s are very simple to make and turned out fluffy and delicious.
Healthy Grain-Free Pancakes:
-1 cup milk: I used organic cows milk because that’s all I had but I assume almond or coconut milk will also work
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/2 cup coconut flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-pinch sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. When the coconut flour is put in, it may be chunky, so just continue stirring until smooth. Pre-heat to medium heat and grease pan with coconut oil. Cook until lightly brown and top with your favourite fruit or some melted dark chocolate! Enjoy!
It’s strawberry season and I’ve been picking like a madwoman! Since the moment my last exam finished I’ve been looking forward to one of the best parts of summer-strawberry picking! I went at last on Sunday and picked a ridiculous amount.
Since me and family couldn’t possibly eat all of them, my mom decided to make a delicious, SUPER healthy, grain-free strawberry crisp and I just needed to share the recipe. So, here it is:
-4 cups fresh strawberries (blueberries would probably also work great)
-1/2 t. cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1 cup almond flour
-1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1 cup cashews (or any nut of choice)
-1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
-1/4 cup raw honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Wash strawberries and place them in baking dish. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
3. Mix almond flour, sea salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix in the shredded coconut and cashews.
4. Melt coconut oil in a small pan over low heat, and add honey until it’s slightly melted (only enough for it to mix in).
5. Stir your melted mixture with the almond flour mixture, then pour the entire mixture over the strawberries.
6. Bake for roughly 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!
I’m well aware that the whipped cream was not so healthy, but it was necessary!